The Cisco Aironet® 1400 Wireless Bridge creates a new benchmark for wireless bridging by providing a high-performance and feature-rich solution for connecting multiple LANs in a metropolitan area. Building a metropolitan area wireless infrastructure with the Cisco Aironet 1400 provides deployment personnel with a flexible, easy-to-use solution that meets the security requirements of wide area networking professionals. Designed to be a cost-effective alternative to leased lines, it is engineered specifically for harsh outdoor environments.
The Cisco Aironet 1400 Wireless Bridge is the premier high-speed, high-performance outdoor bridging solution for line-of-sight applications, providing features such as:
- Support for both point-to-point or point-to-multipoint configurations
- Industry-leading range and throughput, supporting data rates up to 54 Mbps
- Enhanced security mechanisms based on 802.11 standards
- Ruggedized enclosure optimized for harsh outdoor environments with extended operating temperature range
- Integrated or optional external antennas for flexibility in deployment
- Designed specifically for ease-of-installation and operation